As the Wimbledon of Sailing events – this high tech series takes puts fans first when it comes to access, entertainment and racing. Just ask the 350,000 live fans who engaged in some way in the 2015 series.
Here are the Top 7 reasons why the Extreme Sailing Series is the ultimate fan experience:
- The boats (racing machines!) are hIghly visible, and have more square metre area than a race car. This makes it easy for fans – watching in person or via digital media – to follow their team’s progress around the track without losing sight.
- The race area is strategically positioned close to fans. This means that the action is so close that some fans can actually taste and feel the salt spray off the boats! No other form of sailing racing can provide this level of fan engagement.
- Athletes give their time to media. Unlike some of the more secretive sailing syndicates, ESS has live panel discussions before every day of racing, sometimes with the skippers already dressed to step onto the boats.
- The Extreme Sailing Series offers a front row seat on board the boats while racing! Hang onto your hats – this fan experience is not for the feint-hearted. For sponsoring brands this access to a VIP racing position on the boat can be a great drawcard, and is definitely a money-can’t buy experience.
- The series attracts world-class athletes. From the powerhouse athletes at the front of the boat, to the bigger well known names of the skippers – the ESS has lured some of sailing’s top names, including Katie Spithill, Ben Ainslie, Roman Hagara, Morgan Larson, Ian Williams, Torben Grael and Dean barker.
- The Series is truly global, with events in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, England, Germany and Russia. This means fans are never far away from an opportunity to see the racing for themselves.
- The ESS is at the edge of marine engineering, which has seen the boats move to the GC32 – a faster and even more extreme foiling catamaran that ensures fans are at the edge of their seats at all times!